Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seventh Beginning: Delta Drabble

A Drabble is a story with exactly 100 words.  If you don't believe me, check Wikipedia. 

I've written two.  I already posted one.  This is the other. 


Delta Drabble

“Did you know San Francisco Bay is the home of more invasive species than any waterbody in the world?” 

“Nope.  Just here for the fish. “

“A lot of the fish aren’t native either – stocked by fishermen missing eastern fish.”

“I can understand that.”

“A lot of the other species came when visiting ships dumped ballast water.   Completely unintended.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Mitten crabs were food, water hyacinth was pretty; then they got loose.”

“Mmm.”

“So what do you think of that new quantum information scoop?”

“Think I got a bite – feels like a striper.”

“Hey, buddy!  How many hands do you have?”

(The great thing about Drabbles, is that it's hard to leave them half-finished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've read much of this blog, you know what the chances are that I'll keep up with moderating comments. You may be casting your comments into the howling void.