Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sixth Beginning: A Little Light Drabble

Little lights swarmed in a glass jar. Detective Smith decided that maybe he was
wasting his time.
“You can see what I invent, officer: a Christmas tree for a
dollhouse with real lights that flash in patterns, a vase with fiberoptic
inserts for arranging flowers with lights. . .”
“Anything hot?”
“Hot?”
“Let’s just say the body . . . had certain markings.”
“Well, I have a soldering iron. I’ll get it.”
“Thanks. And the
jar?”
“The latest craze, if I can get the projector small enough.”
- - - - -
Later, at his tap, the little lights rise sheepishly.
“You’ve been very naughty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've read much of this blog, you know what the chances are that I'll keep up with moderating comments. You may be casting your comments into the howling void.